Recipe by Just Sue
This looked beautiful when it came out of the oven. I used a white cake mix and to me it had the taste and texture of angelfood cake.
Top Review by tmpw3362
Last night I dreamt about this cake; my mother, who passed away this year, made it for my us kids all the time because we absolutely loved it. Today when looking for the recipe I found it right away, thanks so much for posting it, I'm stopping at the store tonight to pick up the ingredients. You have made my dream come true.
- 2 1⁄2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 4 cups mashed strawberries
- 3 ounces strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 18 ounces white cake mix or 18 ounces yellow cake mix
- oil, per package instructions
- water, per package instructions
- egg, per package instructions
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350.
- Generously grease a 13x9 pan.
- Sprinkle marshmallows over bottom of pan.
- In a bowl, combine mashed stawberries and gelatin and set aside.
- Make cake batter according to package directions.
- Spread batter over marshmallows in pan.
- Spoon strawberry mixture evenly over batter.
- bake at 350 for 35 to 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. DO NOT OVER BAKE.
- Place cake on wire rack to cool.
- When cake is cool you can invert on platter and serve with whpped cream.