Recipe by lauralie41
A very nice recipe I found while searching cooking websites. Would be nice for those summer weekend get-togethers.
Top Review by weekend cooker
This was GREAT! I made the recipe exactly as quoted, but I did add an extra 1/2 teaspoon of salt. I used tuna because I knew my kids would eat it up, and we all did. The 3 tablespoons of lime juice added excellent taste. The only problem I had was that my daughter, wanted to eat all the strawberries, but I still got my share. This defineately is a keeper, and thanks for the recipe.
- 1⁄2 cup margarita mix, nonalcoholic
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs tuna or 1 1⁄2 lbs halibut
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups strawberries, halves
- 1⁄2 cup pretzel, coarsely broken
Directions See How It's Made
- In a shallow bowl, add margarita mix, lime juice and garlic. Place steaks in marinade, cover, and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
- When ready to prepare fish on broiler pan, remove fish from marinade. Brush marinade on fish and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Broil 4 inches from the heat for five minutes.
- With large spatula, carefully turn fish and brush with rest of marinade and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Broil another four to five minutes or until the fish will flake easily with a fork.
- Discard any remaining marinade and sprinkle fish with strawberries and pretzels, serve.