Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This beautiful and delicious recipe is so unusual; it's perfect for entertaining. This is from Linda Larsen’s Guide to Busy Cooks.
- In shallow bowl, combine margarita mix, lime juice and garlic;Add steaks, cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours.
- When ready to eat, remove fish from marinade and place on broiler pan; Brush with marinade and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and Broil 4" from heat for 5 minutes.
- Carefully turn fish with large spatula and Brush with rest of marinade and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Broil 4-5 minutes longer until fish flakes easily with fork.
- Discard any remaining marinade.
- Sprinkle fish with strawberries and pretzel crumbs and serve.
I added the tequila to the marinade (I assumed it was supposed to be there) We left out the pretzels, but think some sort of crunch (and maybe some more salt) would be good; perhaps some roasted almond slivers? bread crumbs seem to be natural except for broiling.
Beautiful AND Delicious. This is THE PERFECT Valentines Day meal. The sweet strawberies pair perfectly with the tart lime marinade giving such a special flavor to this amazing dish! For even more lime flavor some lime zest would be terrific. I wanted a 'sauce' to accompany the flaky, grilled fish so I used the same measurements given for the marinade, combining them in a saucepan with a handful of strawberries, bringing it to a boil and reduced by half. Really wonderful dish NMC! You should be extremely proud of this one! Thanks for sharing!
Really good, but I didn't quite get the idea behind the pretzels. The flavor of the margarita marinade really does penetrate the fish well and is very complementary!! Thanks nc!!