Recipe by NcMysteryShopper
This beautiful and delicious recipe is so unusual; it's perfect for entertaining. This is from Linda Larsen’s Guide to Busy Cooks.
Top Review by emilynye
I added the tequila to the marinade (I assumed it was supposed to be there) We left out the pretzels, but think some sort of crunch (and maybe some more salt) would be good; perhaps some roasted almond slivers? bread crumbs seem to be natural except for broiling.
- 1⁄2 cup margarita mix
- 3 tablespoons tequila (optional)
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs swordfish steaks
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups strawberries, halves
- 1⁄2 cup pretzel, coarsely broken and chopped (like bread crumbs for stuffing)
Directions See How It's Made
- In shallow bowl, combine margarita mix, lime juice and garlic;Add steaks, cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours.
- When ready to eat, remove fish from marinade and place on broiler pan; Brush with marinade and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and Broil 4" from heat for 5 minutes.
- Carefully turn fish with large spatula and Brush with rest of marinade and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Broil 4-5 minutes longer until fish flakes easily with fork.
- Discard any remaining marinade.
- Sprinkle fish with strawberries and pretzel crumbs and serve.