- 6 cups hulled and halved strawberries
- 2 cups peeled cored and chopped tart apples
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 4 cups white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup tequila
- 7 teaspoons triple sec
- 2 teaspoons strawberry schnapps
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine berries, apples and lemon juice in a large stainless or enamel saucepan.
- Bring to a full rolling boil.
- Add sugar, stirring constantly until sugar is dissolved.
- Boil gently, uncovered, stirring frequently until mixture reaches gel stage-around 40 min.
- Remove from heat and stir in the booze-return to heat and boil for 5 min.
- Ladle into clean, hot sterilized jars leaving 1/4 inch head space.
- Process for 5 min at altitudes up to 1000 feet.