Recipe by ReeLani
Sounds perfect for a hot summer day! I haven't tried this one yet, but I'm looking forward to it. I copied it from somewhere, and I wish I knew the source. Anyway, it's from someone with great ideas! Cook time is chilling time.
Top Review by ratherbeswimmin'
This is a great summer pie Reelani. I served it at our 4th of July party. It was very well received by my guests. The filling was smooth and creamy. Had a nice margarita taste. The saltiness of the pretzel crust was a good idea and went well with the filling. Thanks for posting.
- 1 1⁄4 cups pretzel crumbs
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups strawberries, diced
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄3 cup lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1⁄4 cup tequila or 1⁄4 cup tequila, cuervo 1800
- 2 tablespoons triple sec
- 1 1⁄2 cups Cool Whip, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine pretzel crumbs, butter, and sugar and mix well.
- Press firmly on bottom and up sides of a lightly buttered 9-inch pie pan.
- Combine milk, lime juice, strawberries, tequila and triple sec and blend well.
- Fold in Cool Whip and pour into crust.
- Place in freezer for four to eight hours.
- Remove from freezer and let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with whipped cream or Cool Whip.