Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Manchester Highlands Inn, Manchester, Vermont. Reduce the tequila by 1 or 2 tablespoons for a mellower flavor.
- 1 large store-bought graham cracker crust (or homemade)
- 2 cups hulled and sliced fresh strawberries
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 6 tablespoons tequila
- 1⁄4 cup triple sec
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 cups cold heavy cream
- fresh strawberries
- fresh mint leaves
- If using a store-bought pie crust, prebake it according to package directions, then let it cool; refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a bowl, toss the strawberries with the sugar.
- In a food processor, combine the condensed milk, tequila, triple sec, lime juice, and sugared strawberries; process until smooth.
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl and refrigerate.
- Using a chilled large bowl and chilled beaters, beat the cream using an electric mixer until stiff but not grainy.
- Using a large rubber spatula, fold about 1/3 of the whipped cream into the refrigerated puree.
- Gently fold in the remaining whipped cream in 2 more additions until evenly combined.
- Pour the filling into the chilled pie shell and smooth the top.
- Cover with loosely tented foil and place in the freezer for several hours to overnight or until the pie is semi-firm to firm.
- Garnish each slice with strawberries and mint leaves.