Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is from Cooking Light. Posting for ZWT3. Mexico. Note the 4 hours chilling time.
- 4 cups strawberries, hulled
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons boiling water
- 4 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup tequila
- 1 tablespoon triple sec or 1 tablespoon other orange-flavored liqueur
- 2 cups plain nonfat yogurt
- Place strawberries in a blender, and process until smooth.
- Pour into a large bowl; stir in sugar. Cover and let stand 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Combine boiling water and gelatin in a small bowl; let stand 5 minutes or until gelatin dissolves, stirring constantly.
- Add the tequila and triple sec, and stir well.
- Stir the gelatin mixture into the strawberry mixture.
- Cover and chill for 10 minutes or until the mixture begins to thicken.
- Add yogurt (at room temperature), stirring with a wire whisk until well-blended.
- Divide the mixture evenly among 5 margarita glasses or large stemmed glasses; cover and chill at least 4 hours or until set.