Prep 30 mins
Cook 6 hrs
From Family Circle.
- 1 (3/8 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin (3 1/2 tsp total)
- 3⁄4 cup boiling water
- 1 (1 lb) container strawberry, hulled and quartered (4 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup lime juice (2 limes)
- 1⁄3 cup tequila
- 16 ounces frozen light whipped dessert topping, thawed (such as Cool Whip)
- sugar crystals (or clear decorating) (optional)
- thinly sliced lime (optional)
- strawberry (to garnish) (optional)
- Select a medium-size souffle dish: the bottom should measure 6" across and it will take 5 1/2 cups water to fill it up to the top. Prepare the souffle dish: cut a piece of nonstick aluminum foil 25" long; fold it in half lengthwise with the nonstick side out. Wrap it around dish with the folded edge up. Press the two ends together; fold twice to make the foil fit tightly around the dish. The "collar" will rise about 3" above the dish.
- Place gelatin in small heatproof bowl. Add boiling water and stir until gelatin is completely dissolved, 2-3 minute Let cool 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place berries, sugar, juice and tequila in food processor and process until berries are pureed. Pour into large bowl.
- Stir dissolved gelatin into strawberry mixture until well combined. Using wire whisk, gently fold in whipped topping until no white streaks remain, 2 minutes. Pour into prepared sih, smoothing top. Refrigerate until set, 6 hours or overnight.
- To serve, carefully remove collar. Gently press sugar onto exposed sides of mousse and garnish with lime and strawberries, if desired.