Recipe by Lorraine of AZ
Oh, wow, this is so tangy and refreshing! Just like the real thing. Cooking time is actually chilling time.
- 1 (6 ounce) package wild strawberry gelatin
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen sweetened strawberries, thawed
- 1 (10 ounce) can frozen margarita mix, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup tequila or 1⁄2 cup water
- whipped cream or Cool Whip
- fresh strawberries
- grated lime zest
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve the gelatin in the boiling water, stirring to make sure all is dissolved.
- Combine the thawed strawberries (with juice) and margarita mix in a blender with 1/2 cup tequila or water. Blend until smooth.
- Stir strawberry mixture into the gelatin mixture. The recipe suggests pouring 3/4 cup mixture into margarita glasses to set, but you can also use a 8 x 12-inch pan. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight, until set. The 8 x 12-inch pan needs to set overnight.
- To serve: garnish with whipped cream, a fresh strawberry and/or grated lime zest.