Prep 35 mins
Cook 8 mins
From Better Homes and Gardens canning mag.
Make and share this Strawberry Margarita Jam recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups strawberries, crushed (about 6 cups whole berries)
- 2⁄3 cup lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup tequila
- 1⁄4 cup triple sec
- 6 cups sugar
- 3 ounces liquid fruit pectin, 1 pouch
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- In pot combine strawberries, lime juice, tequila and triple sec. Add sugar and mix until combined.
- Stir constantly, bring up to a boil. Take off heat.
- Add pectin and lime zest.
- Put back on heat and bring to a full roiling boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and skim foam.
- Ladle into hot sterilized 8 oz jars. Leave 1/4" headspace. Wipe rims, add lids.
- Process jars for your recommend altitude.
- To distribute fruit, cool for 20 minute, then gently turn and tilt jars without inverting them, repeat as needed.