Recipe by Djinni
I saw this recipe on The View in a segment called "Spike It". This is a great idea to bring to outdoor gatherings such as 4th of July. Becareful of the kiddies since this does contain alcohol. Cook time is freeze time. Recipe provided courtesy of Tyler Florence
- 1 cup lime juice (6 to 8 limes)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup triple sec
- 1⁄4 cup tequila (if not using alcohol, add another 1/2 cup water and 1/4 cup fresh lime juice)
- 1⁄2 cup superfine sugar
- 1 pint strawberry, quartered
- 8 popsicle molds (or dixie cups and wooden popsicle sticks)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine lime juice, water, triple sec, tequila and sugar in a blender and blend until sugar is disolved.
- Set aside two strawberries and cut into quaters.
- Place the rest of the strawberries into the blender and combine until pureed ( or less if you prefer straberry pieces ).
- Place one quater of a strawberry ( set aside in step 2 ) and place it on the end of the popsicle stick.
- Pour the blended mix into each of the popsicle molds.
- Finally add the popsicle sticks to the molds.
- Freeze overnight.
- Unmold the popsicles and serve.