12 hrs 10 mins
I saw this recipe on The View in a segment called "Spike It". This is a great idea to bring to outdoor gatherings such as 4th of July. Becareful of the kiddies since this does contain alcohol. Cook time is freeze time. Recipe provided courtesy of Tyler Florence
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup lime juice (6 to 8 limes)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup triple sec
- 1/4 cup tequila (if not using alcohol, add another 1/2 cup water and 1/4 cup fresh lime juice)
- 1/2 cup superfine sugar
- 1 pint strawberry, quartered
- 8 popsicle molds (or dixie cups and wooden popsicle sticks)
- 1Combine lime juice, water, triple sec, tequila and sugar in a blender and blend until sugar is disolved.
- 2Set aside two strawberries and cut into quaters.
- 3Place the rest of the strawberries into the blender and combine until pureed ( or less if you prefer straberry pieces ).
- 4Place one quater of a strawberry ( set aside in step 2 ) and place it on the end of the popsicle stick.
- 5Pour the blended mix into each of the popsicle molds.
- 6Finally add the popsicle sticks to the molds.
- 7Freeze overnight.
- 8Unmold the popsicles and serve.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Margarita Ice Pops
Serving Size: 1 (103 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 70.3
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 15.0 g
- Protein 0.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: