Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 hrs
I saw this recipe on The View in a segment called "Spike It". This is a great idea to bring to outdoor gatherings such as 4th of July. Becareful of the kiddies since this does contain alcohol. Cook time is freeze time. Recipe provided courtesy of Tyler Florence
- 1 cup lime juice (6 to 8 limes)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup triple sec
- 1⁄4 cup tequila (if not using alcohol, add another 1/2 cup water and 1/4 cup fresh lime juice)
- 1⁄2 cup superfine sugar
- 1 pint strawberry, quartered
- 8 popsicle molds (or dixie cups and wooden popsicle sticks)
- Combine lime juice, water, triple sec, tequila and sugar in a blender and blend until sugar is disolved.
- Set aside two strawberries and cut into quaters.
- Place the rest of the strawberries into the blender and combine until pureed ( or less if you prefer straberry pieces ).
- Place one quater of a strawberry ( set aside in step 2 ) and place it on the end of the popsicle stick.
- Pour the blended mix into each of the popsicle molds.
- Finally add the popsicle sticks to the molds.
- Freeze overnight.
- Unmold the popsicles and serve.
While I haven't tried the frozen result I did try the mix and it was really tasty! Will be having the pops tonight and can't wait!
What a great summertime treat. I will be making these for my 4th of July party. I'm sure they'll be a big hit with the over twenty one crowd. My husband thinks they're even better after they are a few days old.