Prep 10 mins
Cook 33 mins
This cake was very easy to make. The cake makes a very light and tasty cake.I found the recipes on another web site the other day and made it for my daughters birthday. It was a big hit with everyone. They all wanted the recipe for them selves.
- 177.44 ml bottled nonalcoholic strawberry margarita mix (I used Daily's)
- 510.29 g package white cake mix
- 78.07 ml vegetable oil
- 3 egg whites
- 14.79 ml lime zest
- 226.79 g container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- strawberries (for garnish) or lime (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease bottom of 13x9x2-inch pan.
- Add enough water to strawberry margarita mix to measure 1 1/4 cups.
- Beat cake mix, drink mix, oil, and egg whites in large bowl on low speed 2 minutes.
- Pour into pan.
- Bake 28 to 33 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool completely, about one hour or longer.
- Gently stir lime peel into whipped topping, then frost the cake.
- Then garnish with limes or strawberries if you like.
This was an excellent cake and easy to make! I will definitely make it again. I especially liked the lime and strawberry flavors together.
This was delicious and so easy to make. I served it after a southwest dinner. I used mini Bunt pans shaped like flowers. Served them with a dusting of powdered sugar and the lime topping on the side garnished with a strawberry. The lime topping is to die for!
Great cake, thanks!!!