Prep 45 mins
Cook 50 mins
originally from "Better Homes and Gardens" magazine
- 10 ounces frozen strawberries, thawed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- red food coloring (optional)
- 1 1⁄4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, melted
- 24 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 14 ounces condensed milk, sweetened
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- In blender container, combine strawberries and cornstarch; blend until smooth.
- In heavy saucepan, over med.
- heat, cook and stir until thickened.
- Add food coloring, if desired.
- Reserve 1/3 cup sauce; cool.
- Chill remaining sauce. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Combine crumbs, sugar and butter; press onto bottom of 9" springform pan.
- In mixer bowl beat cream cheese until fluffy.
- Gradually beat in milk until smooth.
- Add eggs and lemon juice; mix well.
- Spoon half the batter into pan.
- Spoon half the reserved strawberry sauce in small amounts over batter.
- Repeat, ending with sauce. With a knife, cut through batter to marble. Bake 50 minute,oven temperature 350 degrees.
- or until center is set. Cool.
- Remove side of pan.
- Serve with chilled strawberry sauce. Refrigerate leftovers.
This is soooo good! It was easy to do, and a big hit! The strawberry filling swirlded through the cheesecake was deliciois!! Thanks Nancy!!
Although it was very pretty with the strawberry swirled through, this really didn't taste like cheesecake. To me, the condensed milk totally overpowered everything else. It was ALL I could taste. Also, the strawberry sauce definately needs sweetening. Maybe it was just my berries but the sauce was a tad sour. Some people might like this recipe but it really didn't suit my tastebuds at all. Sorry!