Recipe by MarthaStewartWanabe
After DH's first attempt at peeling and chopping a fresh mango resulted in a pulpy mess, we decided the only way to salvage the mutilated fruit was to make it into a smoothie. We scraped the remnants into a blender pitcher and added strawberries, honey, lime juice and ice. No one would ever have known the difference--until now of course. :) DH dislikes yogurt, so we omit it from our homemade smoothies. It's difficult to accomplish a true smoothie texture with some fruits, but pureed mango always does the trick for us. We hope you enjoy this refreshing, summer drink!
- 1 1⁄2 cups mangoes, peeled and chopped into 1-inch cubes (approximately 2 medium mangoes)
- 1 cup strawberry, hulled and quartered
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 cup ice, crushed (or more if desired)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place strawberries, mango, honey and lime juice into a blender. Cover and blend until smooth.
- Add ice 1/2 cup at a time and blend until smooth. Turn blender off between additions, scraping the sides of the blender pitcher with a rubber spatula to incorporate all the fruit and ice. If you wish, add more ice until desired texture is reached.
- Pour into tall glasses, insert a straw, sit back and enjoy!