Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
After DH's first attempt at peeling and chopping a fresh mango resulted in a pulpy mess, we decided the only way to salvage the mutilated fruit was to make it into a smoothie. We scraped the remnants into a blender pitcher and added strawberries, honey, lime juice and ice. No one would ever have known the difference--until now of course. :) DH dislikes yogurt, so we omit it from our homemade smoothies. It's difficult to accomplish a true smoothie texture with some fruits, but pureed mango always does the trick for us. We hope you enjoy this refreshing, summer drink!
- 1 1⁄2 cups mangoes, peeled and chopped into 1-inch cubes (approximately 2 medium mangoes)
- 1 cup strawberry, hulled and quartered
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 cup ice, crushed (or more if desired)
- Place strawberries, mango, honey and lime juice into a blender. Cover and blend until smooth.
- Add ice 1/2 cup at a time and blend until smooth. Turn blender off between additions, scraping the sides of the blender pitcher with a rubber spatula to incorporate all the fruit and ice. If you wish, add more ice until desired texture is reached.
- Pour into tall glasses, insert a straw, sit back and enjoy!
Delicious, nutritious, and refreshing on a hot summer day! Made as directed in my Magic Bullet for the Aussie Kiwi June 2010 recipe swap. Thanks, MarthaStewartWanabe!
Perfect low cal refreshment under the hot Georgia sun. Thanks for sharing MarthaStewartWanabe!