Recipe by Tearanii
Make these one summer morning when fresh strawberries are at their finest. Absolutely delicious!
Top Review by temp
Very good recipe! Mine came out increadible and everyone in my family loved them! I let them bake for a further 5 minutes and the moisture was on point. I recomend this recipe to anyone who loves mango, strawberries and baking! Once again, great job!
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup butter (or use half butter and half applesauce) or 1⁄3 cup margarine, melted (or use half butter and half applesauce)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh mango
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- Beat together buttermilk and egg. Add butter and almond extract and beat well. Stir buttermilk mixture, strawberries and mango into flour mixture just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups 3/4 full. Combine sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle evenly over muffins.
- Bake at 400º for 15 minutes or until muffins test done. Yield: one dozen.
- *Useful Tip: Use all strawberries or all mangoes for a one-fruit muffin.