Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A friend brought this sweet salad to a dinner party I made sometime back. We all enjoyed it. The time is just about what it takes to wash the greens.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 lb fresh strawberries, quartered
- 1 mango, peeled and cubed
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 cup almonds, slivered and toasted
- Combine the sugar, oil, salt and vinegar in a jar with a lid. Seal and shake vigorously to mix.
- In a large bowl mix salad greens, cranberries, strawberries, mango and onion.
- To serve, toss with dressing and sprinkle with almonds.
Saw this recipe first on allrecipes.com. Made this salad for Mom for Mother's Day and it wa s huge hit. We couldn't stop eating it. Substituted Splenda for the sugar, otherwise, made exactly as published. One could easily leave out the mango or cranberries without detracting from recipe, but we love those things so will keep them in.