Cook3 hrs 30 mins
This recipe I got from Pillsbury Spring Get-togethers April/May 07 book. This is a very tasty dessert and it makes a beautiful presentation. It's nice to take to a potluck or party. The original recipe calls for crushed pretzels for the crust. After making and tasting the pretzels got a bit soggy. I felt it would taste better with a graham cracker crust. However, I have not tried the graham cracker crust yet. Either way I hope you enjoy!
- 1 1⁄4 cups graham crackers or 1 1⁄4 cups pretzels, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 pint mango sorbet, slightly softened
- 2 (10 ounce) boxes frozen strawberries, in syrup thawed
- 1⁄2 cup frozen margarita mix, thawed
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- 10 fresh strawberries, halved, for decoration (optional)
- 1 small mango, cut into cubes, for decoration (optional)
- 10 (4 inch) wooden skewers, for decoration you can cut longer skewers if needed (optional)
- coarse sugar, for decoration (optional)
- whipped topping, to top right before serving (optional)
- In a small bowl, mix graham crackers, 1/4 cup sugar, and 1/2 cup butter. Press firmly in bottom of ungreased 8 or 9 inch springform pan. Refrigerate 10 minutes.
- Spoon sorbet over crust, spread evenly with metal spatula. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix thawed strawberries, using wire whisk, until broken into small pieces. Beat in margarita mix until well blended. Fold in whipped cream. Carefully pour into pan over sorbet. Freeze at least 3 hours until firm.
- Decorating your dessert-------Using 4 inch wooden skewers place strawberry half and mango cube on each of the 10 skewers. Sprinkle with coarse sugar if desired. Place skewers into top of dessert for garnish. Top with any remaining fresh strawberry slices if desired. To serve, cut into wedges. Top with whipped topping if desired.( To make cutting the pie easier, wait to place the fruit skewers in the dessert until after slicing it).
I made this for a party and it was the hit! A beautiful presentation but used a pretzel bottom crust and made it in a springform pan. Excellent!