Deeelicious! Low calorie, Diabetes appropriate, Heart healthy with these accolades what else would one want to know!!! Mangoes go well with lots of fruits but they are magical with starwberries. Cover and refrigerate for up to 4 hours. Eating Well Newsletter, May-June/07 They look so pretty and at the same time sophisticated!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups strawberries, hulled (halved or quartered)
- 2 cups diced mangoes (2 small or 1 large)
- 2 tablespoons sugar, or to taste, plus more for dipping
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lime zest
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (not the bottled stuff)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tequila
- 1 1/2 tablespoons triple sec or 1 1/2 tablespoons Cointreau liqueur or 1 1/2 tablespoons Curacao or 1 1/2 tablespoons some orange liqueur
- 1Place strawberries, mango, sugar, lime zest, lime juice, tequila and liqueur in a large bowl; toss gently to combine.
- 2Let stand for 20 minutes for the flavors to meld.
- 3If desired, serve in margarita glasses: rub the rims with additional lime juice and dip in sugar, then spoon in compote.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry-Mango Margarita Compote
Serving Size: 1 (168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 102.9
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 21.9 g
- Protein 0.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: