Prep 35 mins
Cook 0 mins
Deeelicious! Low calorie, Diabetes appropriate, Heart healthy with these accolades what else would one want to know!!! Mangoes go well with lots of fruits but they are magical with starwberries. Cover and refrigerate for up to 4 hours. Eating Well Newsletter, May-June/07 They look so pretty and at the same time sophisticated!
- 2 cups strawberries, hulled (halved or quartered)
- 2 cups diced mangoes (2 small or 1 large)
- 2 tablespoons sugar, or to taste, plus more for dipping
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lime zest
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (not the bottled stuff)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons tequila
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons triple sec or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Cointreau liqueur or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Curacao or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons some orange liqueur
- Place strawberries, mango, sugar, lime zest, lime juice, tequila and liqueur in a large bowl; toss gently to combine.
- Let stand for 20 minutes for the flavors to meld.
- If desired, serve in margarita glasses: rub the rims with additional lime juice and dip in sugar, then spoon in compote.