Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a delicious salad for a summer day. The mixture of flavors is just amazing. I can't believe I didn't see it posted! You can play with the ingredients if there is something you don't like.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro
- 2 -3 cups slivered almonds
- 4 -6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 head romaine lettuce, washed and torn up
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, washed and torn up
- 1 pint of fresh sliced strawberry
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1⁄3 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Mix all the dressing ingredients and refrigerate.
- Sprinkle sugar in bottom of non-stick skillet and then spread almonds over top. Over Medium-Low heat, brown nuts after sugar begins to melt. Be very careful to stir often and not to burn your almonds. Cool on waxed paper and separate while cooling.
- In large bowl, mix all the salad ingredients.
- Sprinkle almonds on salad and toss with dressing before serving.