Recipe by Perfect Pixie
Perfect for bake sales, afternoon tea, or a treat in the lunchbox and even with a cup of tea or coffee to treat your sweet tooth
- 2 cups plain sweet biscuit crumbs
- 125 g butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 250 g cream cheese
- 300 ml thickened cream
- 100 g pink marshmallows
- 250 g punnet strawberries
- 1 tablespoon gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 100 g marshmallows
- 1 tablespoon milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a 19cm x 29cm lamington pan.
- Combine biscuits, butter, coconut and spice in a bowl, mix well.
- Press evenly over base of prepared pan; refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Pour filling over base; refrigerate several hours or until firm.
- Spread with topping; refrigerate until topping is set.
- Sprinkle with extra toasted shredded coconut if desired.
- Process cream cheese until soft.
- Add cream, marshmallows and strawberries, process until smooth.
- Add gelatine to cold water, stir over hot water until gelatine is dissolved.
- Fold into cream mixture.
- Combine marshmallows and milk in a saucepan, stir constantly over low heat without boiling until marshmallows are melted.
- Cool topping to room temperature.