Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
This is from Taste of Home Magazine. It is very light - perfect for summer get-togethers. Although it looks complicated, it is actually quite easy to prepare and is worth the effort. Prep time does not include 2 hrs setting time in refrigerator.
- 4 eggs, separated
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup sugar, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 (8 ounce) cartonsspreadable strawberry cream cheese
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries, divided
- Let eggs stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Line a greased 15"x10"x1" baking pan with waxed paper and grease the paper; set aside.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat egg yolks until slightly thickened.
- Gradually add 1/4 cup sugar, beating until thick and lemon colored.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients and mix well.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form.
- Gradually beat in remaining sugar, about 2 tablespoons at a time, on high, until stiff glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved.
- Fold a fourth of the egg whites into batter, then fold in remaining whites.
- Gently spoon into prepared pan and bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
- Cool for 5 minutes then turn cake onto a kitchen towel dusted with confectioners' sugar.
- Gently peel of waxed paper and then roll up cake in the towel, starting with a short side.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and marshmallow creme.
- Unroll cake; spread cream cheese mixture to within 1/2 inch of edges.
- Top with 2 1/2 cups strawberries and then roll cake up again.
- Place seam side down on a platter and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Just before serving, garnish with remaining strawberries.
- Be sure to refrigerate leftovers.