Recipe by drhousespcatcher
Farmer's Market at The Land in Epcot Center. A stawberry and whipped cream stuffed cake.
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cherry brandy
- 2 tablespoons apricot jam or 2 tablespoons preserves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon strawberry extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red food coloring
- 10 3⁄4 ounces poundcake
- 1 pint strawberry
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream, divided
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped pistachio nut
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sugar and water and bring to boil. Add brandy and set aside.
- Heat apricots until melted [if preserves force through a sieve.] Add extract and coloring. Set aside.
- Cut cake into 3 even horizonal slices. Wash dry and cap strawberries. Save 6 very nice ones and slice remaining. Whip 1/2 cup of the cream and fold strawberries inches.
- Place bottom slice of cake on serving plate. Brush with cherry brandy syrup. Spread half of strawberry/whip cream mix on cake then top with next slice. Repeat. Top with last slice. Brush with remainder of syrup.
- Beat the last of the cream with confectioner's sugar until stiff. Frost cake with this. You may use a pastry bag for this also. Pipe shell boarder around top and bottom edge.
- Cut saved strawberries in half. Arrange 3 rows on cake top. Brush apricot glaze on strawberries. Sprinkle nuts around edge. Chill cake.
- Refrigerate any leftovers. Cook time is make and chill time. It can vary but don't let it set too long.