Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep1 hr 15 mins
This is being posted for the great strawberry recipe swap and for Rita who I know will perk up her ears when she sees it! I havent tried it and am not much of a liqueur person but the recipe says that it is a vivid red cordial with the fresh taste of strawberries.
- Wash and stem the berries.
- In a bowl crush the berries and sugar together.
- Let stand for 1 hour.
- Transfer mixture to a clean 2 qt container.
- Add vodka, water, lemon juice, and zests.
- Cover and let stand in a cool dark place for 2 days, shaking several times each day.
- Press the mixture through a fine mesh sieve, discard solids.
- Transfer the liqueur to a clean container.
- Cover and let stand for 1 week.
- Filter into a decorative bottle with a tight fitting lid.
- Age for at least 1 month before serving.