937 hrs 15 mins
1 hr 15 mins
This is being posted for the great strawberry recipe swap and for Rita who I know will perk up her ears when she sees it! I havent tried it and am not much of a liqueur person but the recipe says that it is a vivid red cordial with the fresh taste of strawberries.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash and stem the berries.
- 2In a bowl crush the berries and sugar together.
- 3Let stand for 1 hour.
- 4Transfer mixture to a clean 2 qt container.
- 5Add vodka, water, lemon juice, and zests.
- 6Cover and let stand in a cool dark place for 2 days, shaking several times each day.
- 7Press the mixture through a fine mesh sieve, discard solids.
- 8Transfer the liqueur to a clean container.
- 9Cover and let stand for 1 week.
- 10Filter into a decorative bottle with a tight fitting lid.
- 11Age for at least 1 month before serving.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Liqueur
Serving Size: 1 (1422 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2614.9
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 19.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 334.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.9 g
- Sugars 320.6 g
- Protein 2.9 g