Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Bring on those warm summer days, with cool refreshing drinks. from Diabetic cooking
- 1 1⁄2 cups quartered fresh strawberries
- 1 cup lime juice, fresh or bottled
- 4 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups Splenda sugar substitute
- 6 small strawberries or 6 small lime wedges (optional)
- Blend strawberries and lime juice in blender or food processor until smooth.
- Combine strawberry mixture, water and splenda in pitcher.
- Pour over ice cubes in tall glasses, garnish each with strawberry or lime wedge, if desired.
AWESOME BEVERAGE, Auntie Dorothy!! This drink is sooooooooo good, this recipe should be in the TOP 10 on Zaar! I hope you get many pleasant reviews for this one. This one's got such a pretty pink colour, an addictive taste, and most of all, I like it because it's low in saturated fat and uses fresh fruit. I really "adore" this drink and I want to send you a 1000 thanks for posting it. Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart! With the summer setting in, I can guarantee you I'll be making this very often. Thank you so much BIG HUGS to YOU for a beautiful summer drink for my family, friends and me.
I made this for Easter dinner and it was big hit! I wanted it fizzy so I used Sprite Zero in place of the water, and used probably 6 cups worth. I didn't have Splenda so I added about 1/4 c sugar to the lime juice and strawberries when I blended them. My family loved it and everyone was upset when it was gone!
Excellent - Tastes like a Strawberry daiquiri! I followed the recipe exactly. I did use my immersion blender to puree the strawberies with the lime juice, and also put the mixture through a seive to eliminate the seeds. While we use a lot of splenda in our cooking, I'd probably follow the advice and use 1/2 sugar and 1/2 splenda if making for guests. Very refreshing and loaded with Vitamin C!