Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 4 cups chopped strawberries
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- mint sprig (for garnish)
- Bring the strawberries, sugar, and water to a boil, and then simmer until the sugar is dissolved, about 10 minutes.
- Allow the mixture to cool, then strain through a sieve, pressing to extract as much juice as possible.
- Stir in the lime juice, and serve in tall glasses over ice.
- Garnish with mint.
Wow, did we ever enjoy this tasty drink. I Iove strawberries and limes, this was tailor made just for me. So quick and easy to make with terrific results. It had a really lovely strawberry flavor, that was drawn out of the berries by cooking them. So worth the extra effort. I did add a little spring water to the twister for my dh who enjoys a more subtle flavor. Thank you for sharing this winner. We will be enjoying this during the hot summer days to come. Made for Spring Pac 2014
This had an odd flavor that I didn't care for, and even the scent of it wasn't appealing. Perhaps lemon juice would be more complimentary with the strawberries than lime?