1/1 Photo of Strawberry Lime Stuffed Cupcakes
1 hr 25 mins
Found this recipe through a Food Network newsletter I receive. Looks incredible and I can't wait to try it!
My Private Note
jumbo c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F
- 2Line the muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- 3Whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt together in a medium bowl.
- 4In another medium bowl, beat the eggs and sugar with an electric mixer until light and foamy, about 2 minutes.
- 5While beating, gradually pour in the butter and then the vanilla.
- 6While mixing slowly, add half the dry ingredients, then add all the milk, and follow with the rest of the dry ingredients.
- 7Take care not to over mix the batter. Divide the batter evenly in the prepared tin.
- 8Bake until a tester inserted in the center of the cakes comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
- 9Cool cupcakes on a rack in the tin for 10 minutes, then remove.
- 10Cool on the rack completely.
- 11For icing: Mix the confectioners' sugar and lime zest in a medium bowl.
- 12Add the lime juice and mix with an electric mixer to make a firm but pourable icing. (If needed, add up to 1 teaspoon more juice, but take care if the icing is too loose it doesn't set properly.)
- 13Add food color to make a pale pastel green icing.
- 14To assemble: Remove cupcake from its liner.
- 15Cut and remove a strawberry (coned) shaped portion of cupcake from the top of each cupcake, leaving about 1/2 to 1-inch of cake in the bottom.
- 16Stuff each cake with a strawberry and cover with a little bit of cake.
- 17Spoon and spread icing over the top of the cupcakes.
- 18Sprinkle with green sanding sugar.
- 19Top with small mint leaves or candied leaves.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Lime Stuffed Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 543.1
- Calories from Fat 225
- Total Fat 25.0 g
- Saturated Fat 15.1 g
- Cholesterol 131.5 mg
- Sodium 215.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 49.6 g
- Protein 5.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: