Recipe by Lvs2Cook
A refreshing dessert for those hot days of summer from Southern Living. Freezing time is not included in prep or cook time.
- 4 cups pretzel twists
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 gallon premium strawberry ice cream
- 1 (16 ounce) container fresh strawberries, stemmed
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen limeade concentrate, partially thawed
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen orange juice concentrate, partially thawed
- lime rind, curls
- fresh strawberry
Directions See How It's Made
- Place first 3 ingredients in a food processor and process until pretzels are finely crushed. Firmly press mixture onto bottom of a lightly greased 10-inch springform pan.
- Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Let strawberry ice cream stand at room temperature 20 minutes or until slightly softened.
- Process strawberries and powdered sugar in food processor or blender until pureed, stopping to scrape down sides.
- Place ice cream in a large bowl; cut into large (3-inch) pieces. Fold strawberry mixture, limeade concentrate, and orange juice concentrate into ice cream until well blended.
- Spoon mixture into prepared crust in springform pan. cover with plastic wrap. Freeze 3 hours or until firm.
- Let stand 15 minutes at room temperature before serving. Garnish, if desired.