Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This make about 1 quart, enough for two large glasses, it's a wonderful refreshing summertime drink, you may adjust the sugar to taste :)
- 453.59 g container fresh strawberries, sliced
- 177.44 ml sugar (or to taste)
- 236.59 ml cold water
- 177.44 ml fresh lemon juice
- 473.18 ml ice cubes (can use less)
- In a bowl stir together sliced strawberries with sugar; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- In a blender process the strawberry/sugar mixture with 1 cup cold water, 3/4 cup lemon juice and 2 cups ice cubes until smooth.
- Pour into 2 tall glasses.
- Serve immediately.
I had some strawberries that needed to be used up quickly, so I did a search and found this. I followed this very easy to make recipe, as it was written ( And sometimes I do stray away from the recipe ;) ). The amount of sweetness to tartness was " right on the money " . This will be made again. Thanks for posting another winner and, "Keep Smiling :) "
Oh this is a wonderful slush!!! It just became strawberry season here in Florida and the strawberries are so sweet and then mixed with fresh lemon juice, it was just awesome!!! I didn't add but about 1/2 of the sugar and just enough ice to make a think slushy!! Thanks for sharing Kit!! Made for stars tag.
There aren't enough postive words to say for this drink Kit. You have a real winner here. Fruity/slushy and especially FF goodness. Used fresh strawberries, (not quite a quart) and 3 big frozen ones and I wanted to make sure I had enough for two servings. I also used bottled lemon juice as I only had one lemon to squeeze. Oh such summer goodness. You have made me very very happy today!!! Tagged for ZaarStars~