Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 mins
I was playing around with my standard muffin recipe when I came up with this variation that I think is my favorite so far.
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon, rind of
- 6 teaspoons strawberry jam
- 2 drops yellow food coloring (optional)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly spray jumbo muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Mix together all wet ingredients with sugar and lemon peel.
- Combine all dry ingredients and then mix with wet only until moistened.
- Add the food coloring now if you want a more"lemon" look to the muffin.
- Scoop a portion of the batter in the bottoms of the muffin tin.
- Add 2 tsp of jam on top of the batter, spreading slightly.
- Cover jam with remaining batter.
- Bake 18-23 minutes.