Ahhh! Refreshing homemade Strawberry Lemonade, in bottles, in your cupboard, ready to be mixed with water and served over ice whenever the mood hits you...... first, though there's a bit of work to be done......
- Rinse and drain the strawberries quickly.
- Hull and measure.
- Squeeze the lemon juice and measure.
- You will probably need about 16 lemons, or 24 limes, but buy a few extra as they can vary quite a bit in juiciness.
- Put the jars on to boil in a large kettle, with the water coming up at least an inch over the tops of them.
- Let boil 10 minutes before removing to be filled.
- Meanwhile, purée the strawberries.
- Heat them with the lemon or lime juice and sugar until the sugar is completely dissolved, but do not boil.
- Pour into hot sterilized jars to within 1 cm (1/2") of the tops.
- Seal with lids sterlized according to the manufacturers directions.
- (Generally, boil for 5 minutes.) Process in a boiling water bath for 15 minutes.
- To serve, mix with cold water to taste, about one part syrup to two parts water.
- Serve over ice.