Recipe by Jenny Sanders
Ahhh! Refreshing homemade Strawberry Lemonade, in bottles, in your cupboard, ready to be mixed with water and served over ice whenever the mood hits you...... first, though there's a bit of work to be done......
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse and drain the strawberries quickly.
- Hull and measure.
- Squeeze the lemon juice and measure.
- You will probably need about 16 lemons, or 24 limes, but buy a few extra as they can vary quite a bit in juiciness.
- Put the jars on to boil in a large kettle, with the water coming up at least an inch over the tops of them.
- Let boil 10 minutes before removing to be filled.
- Meanwhile, purée the strawberries.
- Heat them with the lemon or lime juice and sugar until the sugar is completely dissolved, but do not boil.
- Pour into hot sterilized jars to within 1 cm (1/2") of the tops.
- Seal with lids sterlized according to the manufacturers directions.
- (Generally, boil for 5 minutes.) Process in a boiling water bath for 15 minutes.
- To serve, mix with cold water to taste, about one part syrup to two parts water.
- Serve over ice.