Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Very similar to the Freckled Lemonade at Red Robin Restaurants. Great for summertime & beginner canners. Read all directions before beginning.
- 6 cups strawberries, sliced & hulled
- 4 cups lemon juice (bottled is fine)
- 6 cups sugar (White)
- 14 quarts water
- Prepare water bath canner.
- Sterilize jars & lids for 7 pint jars.
- Hull & slice strawberries, about 3 lbs.
- Place lemon juice & sugar into large pot.
- Add strawberries to pot, stir to combine.
- Turn heat to medium high, continue stirring occasionally.
- Let juice/sugar/strawberry combination come to 190 degrees (do not let boil).
- Add mixture to jars by ladling strawberries into each jar & then adding liquid to within 1/4" of jar top.
- Wipe jar tops with damp cloth to ensure there are no drips to prevent a good seal.
- Add jar lids & rings.
- Process for 15 minutes in boiling water.
- Remove from canning pot & let cool, untouched, overnight.
- To serve mix 1 pint concentrate with 2 quarts water, lemon-lime soda, ginger-ale, or soda water.
- To store, remove rings & place in a cool, dry, dark (like a pantry) location.
Strawberry Lemonade! Reminds me...bring on the flip flops, I saw my first iris today