Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
A friend of mine shared this on FaceBook and this is something I thought my grand girls would love! It's their favorite flavors in a cake! Sounded easy and I am posting so I have for safe keeping.
- 1 strawberry cake mix (plus oil, water and eggs as directed on box)
- 8 ounces Philadelphia Cream Cheese (softened to room temp.)
- 1 (1/4 ounce) packet lemonade (Kool-aid)
- yellow food coloring (gel-as desired for color)
- 2 cups marshmallow creme (Jet Puff)
- 8 ounces Cool Whip Topping
- 1 cup strawberry, to garnish (fresh, as desired)
- Make cake according to box and bake in 2- 9 inch round cake pans as directed. Turn finished cakes over on cake racks and allow to cool completely.
- Cream together cream cheese, lemonade and yellow food coloring until smooth. Mix marshmallow creme in and then mix in Cool Whip until completely smooth.
- Refrigerate until cake is cooled and cut. Cut each cake layer in half.
- Alternating layers of cake with layers of filling, assemble cake. End with layer of filling.
- Top with sliced strawberries.
- Refrigerate and serve chilled.
This cake is easy to follow. I have a kitchenaide and blended it really well still had a distinct artificial lemon flavor. Overall the cake was pretty good though
This was really good. The cake is very tender so one layer kind of fell apart. Next time I'll let it cool a lot longer. It's not so pretty all together, but when you slice it, very pretty.