Recipe by CindiJ
A friend of mine shared this on FaceBook and this is something I thought my grand girls would love! It's their favorite flavors in a cake! Sounded easy and I am posting so I have for safe keeping.
- 1 strawberry cake mix (plus oil, water and eggs as directed on box)
- 8 ounces Philadelphia Cream Cheese (softened to room temp.)
- 1 (1/4 ounce) packet lemonade (Kool-aid)
- yellow food coloring (gel-as desired for color)
- 2 cups marshmallow creme (Jet Puff)
- 8 ounces Cool Whip Topping
- 1 cup strawberry, to garnish (fresh, as desired)
Directions See How It's Made
- Make cake according to box and bake in 2- 9 inch round cake pans as directed. Turn finished cakes over on cake racks and allow to cool completely.
- Cream together cream cheese, lemonade and yellow food coloring until smooth. Mix marshmallow creme in and then mix in Cool Whip until completely smooth.
- Refrigerate until cake is cooled and cut. Cut each cake layer in half.
- Alternating layers of cake with layers of filling, assemble cake. End with layer of filling.
- Top with sliced strawberries.
- Refrigerate and serve chilled.