Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are easy to make thanks to commercial puff pastry.
Make and share this Strawberry Lemon Turnovers recipe from Food.com.
- Mix together 1/2 cup strawberries, 6 tablespoons sugar, water, cornstarch, and lemon juice in a small saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly for five minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the remaining berries and lemon zest.
- Let cool to room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Roll out the puff pastry sheets until they are about 1/8 inch thick.
- Cut out twelve 3-4 inch circles with a cookie cutter or glass from the two rectangles.
- Take the twelve circles and place on ungreased cookie sheets 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Distribute the strawberry filling between the circles.
- Fold over the dough and press the edges tightly to seal.
- Brush the turnovers with the egg wash and sprinkle with the remaining tablespoon sugar.
- Bake in the preheated over for 14-18 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
Mirj these were super! (I only made one change I dropped the sugar quantity by half - family preference.) The second time I made them I added finely chopped apple to the filling mixture and they turned out great too.
What flavor, these were some of the best turnovers I have ever tried mirj. They were quick and easy to make, the strawberry filling was delicious. I had some difficulty sealing the turnovers, they didn't look pretty, but they tasted great. A lot of liquid was left over, so I added more berries and made a parfait with my favorite mock clotted cream recipe. This also tasted great, so double thanks for two treats in one.