Recipe by mommyoffour
Spruce up ordinary lemonade by adding purees strawberries and crushed ice. Very refreshing and thirst quenching in the summer.
Top Review by imGodsgurl
This is an awesome drink! I don't care for really sweet drinks, but don't like really sour ones either, so this drink was right in the middle. I didn't find the need to add the red food coloring because it was such a nice shade of red all by itself. Thanks so much for sharing it.
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups fresh strawberries
- red food coloring
- crushed ice
- sliced strawberry
- lemon slice
Directions See How It's Made
- Put 1 cup of water, lemon juice, sugar and 2 cups strawberries in blender container.
- Adjust lid; blend till the berries are pureed and the sugar is completely dissolved.
- In a pitcher combine strawberry mixture with remaining 2 cups water and a few drops of red food coloring; mix well.
- Add crushed ice, sliced strawberries and lemon slices to strawberry mixture in pitcher.