Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Spruce up ordinary lemonade by adding purees strawberries and crushed ice. Very refreshing and thirst quenching in the summer.
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups fresh strawberries
- red food coloring
- crushed ice
- sliced strawberry
- lemon slice
- Put 1 cup of water, lemon juice, sugar and 2 cups strawberries in blender container.
- Adjust lid; blend till the berries are pureed and the sugar is completely dissolved.
- In a pitcher combine strawberry mixture with remaining 2 cups water and a few drops of red food coloring; mix well.
- Add crushed ice, sliced strawberries and lemon slices to strawberry mixture in pitcher.
This is an awesome drink! I don't care for really sweet drinks, but don't like really sour ones either, so this drink was right in the middle. I didn't find the need to add the red food coloring because it was such a nice shade of red all by itself. Thanks so much for sharing it.
Delish! This was so refreshing. I had a pint of strawberries to use & about 2-1/2 fresh lemons. We really enjoyed this beverage. It's super easy to make, not too sweet & was a beautiful color. Thanks for sharing, mommyoffour! Made for New Kids on the Block tag game.