1/1 Photo of Strawberry Lemon Shortbread Bars
1 hr 10 mins
Okay, I am really having a serious sweet tooth attack! These will wow your friends and have them asking for the recipe. Putting here so I will make them asap! Adapted from Southern Living magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml powdered sugar
- 3.69 ml lemon zest, divided
- 177.44 ml cold butter
- 2 (453.59 g) package cream cheese, softened
- 177.44 ml granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 14.79 ml fresh lemon juice
- 236.59 ml strawberry preserves
- sweetened whipped cream (to garnish)
- fresh strawberry slices (to garnish)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2Stir together flour, powdered sugar, and 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest in a medium bowl; cut in butter with a pastry blender until crumbly. Press mixture onto bottom of a lightly greased 13 x 9 inch pan.
- 3Bake at 350° for 20 to 22 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 4Meanwhile, beat cream cheese and granulated sugar with an electric mixer until smooth. Add eggs, 1 at a time, and beat just until blended after each addition. Stir in fresh lemon juice and remaining 1/4 teaspoons lemon zest, beating well.
- 5Spread preserves over shortbread. Pour cream cheese mixture over preserves, spreading to edges.
- 6Bake 28 to 32 more minutes or until set. Let cool 1 hour on a wire rack. Cover and chill 4 to 8 hours.
- 7Cut into bars; garnish, if desired.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Lemon Shortbread Bars
Serving Size: 1 (1521 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1383.8
- Calories from Fat 688
- Total Fat 76.4 g
- Saturated Fat 44.6 g
- Cholesterol 309.4 mg
- Sodium 731.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 160.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 94.9 g
- Protein 17.0 g