Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
Okay, I am really having a serious sweet tooth attack! These will wow your friends and have them asking for the recipe. Putting here so I will make them asap! Adapted from Southern Living magazine.
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml powdered sugar
- 3.69 ml lemon zest, divided
- 177.44 ml cold butter
- 2 (453.59 g) package cream cheese, softened
- 177.44 ml granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 14.79 ml fresh lemon juice
- 236.59 ml strawberry preserves
- sweetened whipped cream (to garnish)
- fresh strawberry slices (to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Stir together flour, powdered sugar, and 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest in a medium bowl; cut in butter with a pastry blender until crumbly. Press mixture onto bottom of a lightly greased 13 x 9 inch pan.
- Bake at 350° for 20 to 22 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, beat cream cheese and granulated sugar with an electric mixer until smooth. Add eggs, 1 at a time, and beat just until blended after each addition. Stir in fresh lemon juice and remaining 1/4 teaspoons lemon zest, beating well.
- Spread preserves over shortbread. Pour cream cheese mixture over preserves, spreading to edges.
- Bake 28 to 32 more minutes or until set. Let cool 1 hour on a wire rack. Cover and chill 4 to 8 hours.
- Cut into bars; garnish, if desired.
Delicious dessert!!! I made 1/2 of the recipe but followed otherwise as written. Loved the combination of the buttery shortbread cookie layered with the strawberry jam and then the cream cheese top! Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for PRMR Tag Game.