12 hrs 14 mins
Delicious lemon pie with a surprise! From Celebrate magazine.
My Private Note
9" deep ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (14 1/8 ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts
- 0.5 (3 ounce) package strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup halved strawberry
- 6 large eggs
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cubed
- 4 tablespoons lemon zest, divided
- 2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 6 tbsp.confectioners' sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2On a lightly floured surface, unroll pie crusts. and stack one on top of the other. Roll together into a 14" circle. Press crusts into a 9" deep-dish pie plate, crimping edges if desired. Line crust with parchment paper, and fill with pie weights. Bake for 12 minutes. Remove parchment and pie weights, and bake 2 minutes more. Let cool.
- 3Prepare strawberry gelatin according to package directions. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- 4Line bottom of crust with strawberries, cut sides down. Pour gelatin mixture over strawberries. Cover, and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- 5In the top of a double boiler, whisk together eggs, egg yolks, and next 3 ingredients. Place over simmering water, and cook, whisking constantly, for 10 minutes or until a candy thermometer registers 160 degress.
- 6Remove from heat; stir in butter, lemon zest, and gelatin. Let cool for 30 minutes.
- 7Spread lemon curd evenly over gelatin. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours or until set.
- 8In a large bowl, beat cream with a mixer at high speed until stiff peaks form; add confectioners' sugar and lemon zest, beating until combined. Spread over lemon curd. Garnish with strawberries and lemon slices, if desired.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry-Lemon Pie
Serving Size: 1 (2115 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 6582.7
- Calories from Fat 3855
- Total Fat 428.3 g
- Saturated Fat 220.3 g
- Cholesterol 2676.1 mg
- Sodium 2731.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 617.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 19.4 g
- Sugars 369.1 g
- Protein 93.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: