Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Some like meringues with an almost marshmallow-like center, while others prefer meringues dry and crisp throughout. I have provided directions for both.
- 4 egg whites
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) container lemon yogurt
- 1 pint strawberry, halved or sliced
- Heat oven to 274*F.
- LIne a cookie sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- In large bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar at medium speed until soft peaks form.
- Add sugar 2 TBS at a time, beating at high speed until stiff glossy peaks form and sugar is almost dissolved.
- Fill large decorating bag with large star tip.
- Pipe meringue onto paler lined cookie sheet in spirals to form 6 round bases about 3 inches in diameter.
- Pipe a border of rosettes around each base.
- (This forms the raised edge to hold the filling).
- Bake at 275*F for 35 minutes.
- For softer meringues, remove pan from oven immediately.
- Cool on wire rack.
- For dry crisp meringues, turn oven off and leave meringues in oven with door closed for 2 hours or overnight.
- Carefully remove meringues from paper; place on serving plates.
- Just before serving, spoon yoghurt into center of each meringue; top with strawberries.
- Store in refrigerator.
Amazing, wonderful, I'll be eating more eggs benedict so I'll have the leftover whites to make this!!! My 5 yr old calls them 'puffywhites', lol. They even came out perfectly which was great because meringue can be finicky. THANK YOU, Marie Alice!!