- Peel lemons, scrap off the white from peel, discard white. Cut peel into thin strips. In large pot, combine lemon peels, water and baking soda. Bring to a boil, reduce heat. Simmer covered for 20 minutes. Take off heat, DO NOT DRAIN.
- Crush lemon pulp and juice into pot with peel, discare seeds.
- Stir in crushed strawberries, return pot to heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer covered for 10 minutes. You should have 3 cups after cooking.
- Add sugar. Stir and bring to a boil rolling boil, stirring constantly.
- Quickly stir in pectin and boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat and skim off foam.
- Ladle into hot sterlized 8 oz jars, leaving 1/4 " headspace. Wipe rims and add lids.
- Process in water bath for your altitude.