Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
A tangy lemon filling chock-full of berry slices is tucked inside these tender puffs.
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup flour
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon butter flavoring
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1⁄2 teaspoon confectioners' sugar
- In a saucepan, bring water and butter to a boil. Add flour all at once, stirring until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until mixture is smooth. Drop by 1/4 cupfuls 3 inches apart onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 400 for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Immediately split puffs open and remove tops; discard soft dough from inside. Set puffs and tops aside to cool. For filling, combine sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan. Stir in milk and yogurt until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in lemon extract and butter flavoring. Cool. Fold in strawberries. Refrigerate until serving. Fill cream puffs; replace tops. Dust with confectioners' sugar.