Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This was an experiment that turned out quite lovely. I wasn't really measuring, so these are approximate values. It was for a party, so I used a 50cm round platter. You could also use a regular springform pan, but then you should halve the crust ingredients. Enjoy!
- 2 cups cookie crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 400 g cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1⁄2 cup low fat Quark
- 2 lemons
- 1 cup pureed strawberry
- 2 tablespoons sugar (or add more if you're a sweet tooth)
- 1 (1/4 ounce) packageunflavoured gelatin
- 500 g chopped strawberries
- 2 -3 tablespoons sugar
- For crust:.
- Mix cookie crumbs and almonds together. Add melted butter and combine.
- Press into platter or springform pan and put into the fridge.
- For filling:.
- Prepare the gelatine according to the directions (if it says to add a lot of liquid, reduce this amount to no more than 50 ml).
- Mix cream cheese and quark together on low with a mixer.
- Zest the lemon.
- Add the zest, juice from lemons, strawberries, and sugar. Mix on medium until 'fluffy'.
- Add the gelatine and mix on low.
- Spread filling over the crust. Refrigerate overnight. Serve with sugared strawberries.