1/1 Photo of Strawberry-Lemon Angel Food Trifle
A wonderful quick and easy trifle for Easter, or anytime! Luscious lemon filling plus fresh strawberries and whipped cream are layered with angel food cake cubes in this delicious variation on my Strawberries and Cream Trifle. Tip: Can be made using part lemon curd and part lemon pie filling for a more lemony-tart version. Yum! I like to make this trifle in the morning or a day in advance, and then chill until ready to serve. Can be made in a large trifle bowl, or in individual dessert glasses. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs fresh strawberries, sliced
- 10 1/2 ounces prepared angel food cake, cut into 1-inch cubes (1 loaf)
- 2 (21 ounce) cans prepared lemon pie filling (or lemon pudding)
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest (optional)
- 1 -2 tablespoon limoncello lemon liqueur (optional)
- 1Whip the cream until soft peaks form; beat in the vanilla and sugar and mix thoroughly.
- 2Gently fold lemon filling into the whipped cream (add lemon zest and Limoncello, if using).
- 3In a trifle dish or individual dessert dishes layer the strawberries, cake cubes, and lemon creme mixture.
- 4Arrange a few strawberries on top.
- 5Serve immediately, or cover with saran wrap and chill until serving time.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry-Lemon Angel Food Trifle
Serving Size: 1 (146 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 278.7
- Calories from Fat 161
- Total Fat 17.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 65.2 mg
- Sodium 171.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 15.5 g
- Protein 3.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemon pie filling