Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Posting as a request for a strawberry pan dessert.Have had this recipe for awhile, just waiting for strawberry season to try it! Found elsewhere on the internet. Apparently the kirsch can be successfully replaced with apple juice. Cook time listed is for chilling.
- Beat the cream cheese, pudding mix, icing sugar and milk in a mixer bowl at high speed until smooth.
- Combine the strawberries, kirsch and sugar in a medium bowl, mixing well.
- Remove 1 cup of the strawberry mixture.
- Puree in a food processor and reserve.
- Slice the pound cake into 1/2 inch slices.
- Line a 9x13 inch dish with a layer of cake.
- Layer 1/3 of the cream cheese mix, 1/3 of the strawberry mixture, remaining cake slices in prepared dish.
- Layer half the remaining cream cheese mix, half the remaining strawberry mixture, remaining cake and remaining cream cheese mixture.
- Swirl the remaining strawberry mixture over top.
- Chill for 4-8 hours.
- Beat whipping cream in small mixer bowl until stiff peaks form.
- Cut the dessert into 3 inch squares to serve.
- Top with reserved strawberry puree and whipped cream.
Haven't made this yet, but had it yesterday at a dinner we attended, friend made it, said it was super easy, time consuming but easy. It was delicious, not sweet and not heavy as you might expect. Everyone there wanted the recipe, will try it soon.
Served this as Mothers' Day dessert and they loved it. The cheese filling is fabulous but I didn't expect it to be so thick (beating it with mixer got a little messy). I must have sliced the pound cake too thick as I only had 2 layers. But it tasted great!