Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A different combination...
- 2 3⁄4 cups crushed strawberries
- 1 1⁄4 cups kiwi fruits, peeled,chopped
- 3 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 packet jam pectin
- Measure prepared fruits into a large bowl.
- Measure sugar and set aside.
- Combine Pectin with 1/4 cup of the measured sugar.
- Gradually add to fruit, stirring well.
- Let stand 30 min, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in remaining sugar and continue to stir for 3 minutes until most of the sugar is dissolved.
- Pour into clean jars or plastic containers.
- Cover with tight lids and let stand at room temperature until set (may take up to 24 hours).
- Store in freezer or for 3 weeks in refrigerator.
i followed this recipe exactly, but only the bottoms of every container set. i am left with 5 cups of sauce and less than 1 cup of actual jam. i don't know what went wrong.
Sorry to give such a low review but this didn't turn out for me at all. I followed the recipe exactly and was looking forward to the end result. However, this did not set up at all, even after a couple of months....
I altered this one a bit to make it into a cooked and shelf stable recipe. I increased the strawberries to 3 1/2 cups, the kiwi to 1 1/2 cups and the sugar to 7 cups. I combined the fruit and pectin and brought it to a boil and then added the sugar, returned it to a boil and boiled it for 1 minute. I ladled it into hot steril jars and capped them and processed them in a hot water bath for 10 minutes. I got 8 half-pint jars. It is very tasty. You can taste the strawberry over the kiwi but there is a hint of the kiwi there.