Recipe by dripdripsplat
This is my all-time favorite summer drink. Very refreshing. If you prefer, the tea can be prepared and chilled 1 day ahead (Step 4), just cover and keep chilled in the refrigerator. Or you can cheat (which is what I do), and place the tea mixture in the freezer for about an hour, and then continue on with the recipe. I'm too impatient to wait three hours for this drink.
- 8 cups water
- 8 wild-berry tea bags (I use Lipton's Bavarian Wild Berry tea bags)
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 pints fresh strawberries, halved
- 2 (25 1/2 ounce) bottleschilled sparkling apple cider
- 6 kiwi fruits, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon rose water
- 4 cups ice cubes
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring 4 cups water to boil in a large saucepan.
- Add tea bags; cover and let steep 10 minutes. Discard tea bags.
- Add sugar to hot tea; stir until dissolved. Stir in remaining 4 cups water.
- Chill tea until cold, about 3 hours.
- Puree 2 baskets of strawberries in processor. Slice remaining 2 baskets of strawberries. Place pureed and sliced strawberries in large pitcher.
- Add tea and all remaining ingredients.
- Stir and serve.