Recipe by Elmotoo
A simple recipe dressed up! Developed for RSC #14. I used Creme Fraiche #83813 for the creme fraiche.
Top Review by Chef Jean
This is my favorite RSC #14 entry (that I tried at least ;))! I am so glad I went ahead and made this! The creamy filling was perfect, just the right amount of sweet. The fruit was delicious, but I would have used more than the recipe stated and the nutella on top was the best part! I will use less sugar and vanilla in the meringue next time, but that is just a personal preferance :) Good luck in the contest!
- 3 egg whites, room temperature
- 1 pinch cream of tartar
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup marshmallow creme
- 1⁄2 cup creme fraiche
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 kiwi fruit, peeled & sliced thinly
- 1 cup sliced strawberry
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries, minced
- 2 tablespoons nutella
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 275°F
- Beat egg whites with cream of tartar until soft peaks form, adding sugar 1TB at a time. Beat in vanilla.
- On foil or parchment lined baking sheet, spread meringue into a 10" circle, pushing up edges to form a well in the middle. Bake for 1 1/2 hours or until firm to the touch. Turn off oven & leave meringue inside to dry.
- Remove meringue to a serving platter.
- While cream is whipping, combine marshmallow creme & creme fraiche. Fold in whipped cream. Spread this mixture over the cooled meringue.
- Decoratively arrange the sliced kiwi & strawberries. Drizzle nutella over top & sprinkle with dried cranberries.