Prep 10 mins
Cook 28 mins
I got this recipe from a magazine at work. You could use whatever flavor jam you like.
- 3⁄4 cup cold butter
- 1⁄3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 2⁄3 cups coconut
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 4 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄4 cup strawberry jam
- SHORTBREAD CRUST:.
- Cut the crust ingredients together in a food processor or with a pastry blender.
- Avoid touching the crust and warming up the butter.
- Press the crust in the bottom of a foil lined 9 inch square baking dish.
- Combine coconut, sugar and flour in a large bowl.
- Stir in egg whites and almond extract til well blended.
- Carefully spread over crust.
- Drop small spoonfuls of jam over coconut mixture.
- Swirl with knife to marbleize.
- Bake at 325 for 28-30 minutes til center is almost set and edges are golden.
- Cool completely.
- Use foil to remove from pan and cut into bars.