Recipe by Heather Sullivan
The ultimate mall fruity shake at home! I modified this recipe one day from one i found online. I have sensitive teeth so I don't like ice much anyway. Guaranteed not to give you "slushie headache".
Top Review by Katnip
I tried this recipe with strawberries I had frozen along with a cup of vanilla ice cream and a cup of small ice cubes in place of the water. It turned out cold and thick and was delicious! My teenagers loved it. Next time I'll make it using "Nutrasweet" in place of some of the sugar for myself.
- 1 cup strawberry, sliced (Fresh is best, this is about 100-125grams)
- 1⁄2 cup milk (nonfat or lowfat okay)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup caster sugar (about 50g) or 1⁄4 cup superfine sugar (about 50g)
- 1⁄2-2⁄3 teaspoon vanilla (extract or flavouring to preference)
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice up fresh strawberries until you have enough to fill a one cup measure.
- Add to a blender or food processor, or if you only have a stick mixer, just put it in a large pyrex jug.
- Add rest of ingredients.
- Blend until smooth.
- You may want to try this a little bit cooler for summer days, omit the water and add a few ice cubes.
- I only leave out the ice cubes because my food processor can't handle hard ice.
- Also it does tend to separate if you leave it sitting around for a minute, Don't let this put you off, just stir it up a bit, it tastes the same, just tends to be more frothy at the top then.