Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Basically a strawberry juice/simple syrup type thing, inspired by Strawberry juice recipe in one of Pierre Hermes cookbooks. Taste's really good. Could use on lots of different things. This was a small batch just for fun.
- Wash and hull the strawberries.
- Simmer water in a small saucepan.
- Place whole strawberries into a small stainless mixing bowl, add the sugar, grand marnier and ginger. Cover the bowl with aluminum foil.
- Place the bowl with the strawberries over the simmering water and cook slowly for ~1 hours.
- Use a sieve to separate the juice into a small bowl. Leave the whole strawberries in the sieve, over the bowl covered tightly with foil for ~2 hours.
- The resulting juice is tasty and can be used for all sorts of stuff (I must admit I ate half of it straight from the bowl, though).